Winter Storm Could Dump 10 Inches Of Snow In CNY
Lake effect snow could result in 10 inches of accumulation this week prompting Winter Storm Watches/Warnings in CNY from the National Weather Service (NWS).
Lake effect snow combined with the snow from a slow-moving low-pressure system tomorrow through Wednesday could bring substantial snow accumulation. Here are the latest watches and warning in CNY.
A Winter Storm Warning has been issued for Hamilton and Northern Herkimer Counties.
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
1 PM EST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations by Tuesday
afternoon will range from 5 to 8 inches for most of the area,
with up to 10 inches at highest elevations. Winds will gust as
high as 30 to 40 mph over higher terrain.
* WHERE...Northern Herkimer, Hamilton and Northern Warren
* WHEN...From 4 PM this afternoon to 1 PM EST Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A mix of rain and snow will overspread the
area late this morning, becoming mainly snow by late afternoon.
Travel will become very difficult by this evening, continuing
overnight into Tuesday.
A Winter Storm Watch is in effect for Northern Oneida County including the city of Boonville Tuesday morning through Wednesday afternoon.
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10
* WHERE...Northern Oneida County.
* WHEN...A slow moving low pressure system will produce snow over
the area Tuesday morning through Wednesday afternoon, enhanced
by lake effect snow at times.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult. The
hazardous conditions could impact morning or evening commutes.
Hazardous Weather Outlook has been issued for central New York including Southern Cayuga-Onondaga-Madison-Southern Oneida-Cortland-Chenango-
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Tuesday through Sunday.
There will be a combination of snow from a slow-moving low-pressure system and lake effect snow at times Tuesday and especially Tuesday night through Wednesday. The potential exists for several inches of snow accumulation, but there remains uncertainty for amounts and locations. Monitor the forecast for updates.
Today: Rain, mainly after 10am. High near 40. East wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tonight: Rain before 3am, then rain and snow showers. Low around 34. East wind 13 to 18 mph becoming light after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tuesday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Light west wind increasing to 11 to 16 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Tuesday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
Wednesday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Wednesday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Thursday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Saturday Night: A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Sunday: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the 961theeagle.com App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.