Overwhelmed New York Mills Resident Surrenders 31 Dogs To CNY SPCA
A New York Mills resident has surrendered more than 30 dogs to the CNY SPCA for being inundated by the pets and out of fear of being evicted.
The CNY SPCA says on October 27th, 2020, they took possession of 14 beagle mix dogs from New York Mills. The SPCA was previously at that location on August 11, 2020, to take 17 other beagle mix dogs who have all been successfully adopted.
The homeowner in this case reached out to the CNY SPCA, in August for help as they were overwhelmed with the number of dogs in their care. Last week, we received a call from this individual stating that they needed to remove the remainder of the dogs or face eviction.
The beagle's ages 1 to 3 appear to be healthy and possibly mixed with the Pug, or Bassett breeds. The CNY SPCA tells us at least 2 and as many as 4 are currently pregnant. They will be spayed/neutered and put up for adoption soon.
CNY SPCA Adoption Process:
- Adoptions are not “first-come, first-serve.” They are the best fit for the animal.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- All family members residing in the home must meet the pet.
- Landlord approval is necessary for those who rent.
- Dogs and cats already in the home must have up to date rabies shots.
- The meet and greet are mandatory if there are already dogs in the home.
- You will need a picture ID with name and current address with your application.
The $150 CNY SPCA adoption fee covers the following:
- Vet Exam
- Rabies Vaccine (12 weeks+)
- Spay / Neuter
- Heartworm testing (6 months and up)
- Kennel Cough Vaccine
- DAPPV Vaccine
- Flea preventative
- Adoption Kit