How To Spot Frostbite You May Have Gotten In CNY
Are you afraid that the cold weather in Central New York may have caused you to get frostbite? Here's some simple ways to spot it.
According to WebMD, there are several symptoms and early stages to spot it: Exposed skin may get red or sore. This is called frostnip, and it’s an early warning sign of frostbite. What are some of the stages?
- Skin turns a pale yellow or white
- It may itch, sting, burn, or feel like "pins and needles."
- Skin becomes hard
- It looks shiny or waxy
- When the skin thaws, blisters filled with fluid or blood form
- Skin is very hard and cold to the touch
- Skin darkens quickly. It may look blue and later turn black
If you feel you have Frostbite, there are several ways to treat it.