8-Year-Old Rome Boy Scores Part in ‘Murder Hill’ Movie
The lights and cameras will be rolling into Rome before you know it, and some of the locals will be a part of the action as well.
AMP Films contacted his mother, Donna McEwan-Dunlap, and asked if her son would be interested in a critical role in Murder Hill. The overexcited mom took no time in responding YES after she talked with her son. Henry said, "Mom, I knew I was destined for something great!" The production team got a great chuckle out of that and knew they had found their boy.
Funny how things change so quickly in the movie industry. There were no plans for a child in the film, but as the creative juices were flowing one ended up in the script. Screenwriter Anna Casadei was adding certain elements to the story line, and producers realize that this scene will play a pivotal part in the film. AMP Films didn't have to look very far to fill the role alongside Tom Procter. As soon as they laid eyes on Henry Dunlap, they knew they struck gold.
Producer Mark Casadei says:
"We knew that Henry had the look we were going for in relation to Tom. From there our director, Claude Bauschinger can work with him to get the best acting we can get out of him. Often this is done through the casting process and casting director but sometimes you just instantly find the look you need for on-screen. That was the case for this particular part."
If your not an actor and would still like to meet the stars including Tom Proctor, then May 26 is your chance. Awesome Monkey Productions (AMP) and The Rome Art and Community Center (RACC) present Rome’s first Hollywood Mixer from 6 PM -9 PM.
Celebrities from ‘Murder Hill‘ and ‘Legacy’ will be on hand during the Hollywood Mixer for the perfect selfie and autographs. New guests are being added every day, here’s a partial list of who you can expect to meet:
- Actor Tom Proctor from Guardians of the Galaxy, Justified, Nashville, Birth of a Nation;
- Actress Marilyn Ghigliotti from Clerks, Clerks II, Lake Eiree, Starship Rising, Pink Slipped, Murder Hill;
- Director Claude Bauschinger from Sins, Murder Hill, Legacy, Organized Criminal and Compromised;
- Producer/VP of AMP Films Mark Casadei from Star Trek: Constellation, Murder Hill, Catalyst;
- Screenwriter/CEO of AMP Films Anna Casadei from Pink Slipped, Legacy, Murder Hill, Catalyst.
A limited number of tickets are available now for Hollywood Mixer fundraiser event. Tickets are available online at the RACC office.
- Pre-sale tickets: Adults: $20.00 Youth (13 & under): $10.00
- At the door: Adult $25:00 Youth: $15:00
Where: Rome Art Community Center
When: 26 May 2016 – 6:00PM – 9:00PM
6:00-7:00 PM Social hour with hors d ’oeuvres
7:00-8:30 PM Q&A
8:30-9:00PM Pictures & Autographs