Dogs, I think were born to beg, morning noon and night. Now just because they are begging doesn't mean that we should cave at every meal and give them some table food. According to Mother Nature there are 5 things that dogs should never eat and why.

1. Chocolate, I know you have probably have heard this before and with good reason. If injested in large amounts chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, seizures and even death. Now you know chocolate gets the well deserved bad rap.

2. Grapes and Raisins. Can and do cause kidney problems

3. Onions, not sure who would feed this to their dog or if the dog would even take it. This will make your dog VERY sick and damage your dog's red blood cells.

4. Avocado, the leaves, fruit, seeds, and bark contain a toxin called persin that can cause breathing problems.

5. last but not least, alcohol, even in small amounts can lead to vomiting, seizures, and even death to your pet. Sometimes we just don't think until it's too late. Best course when in doubt if your pet should have a table scrap, don't take the chance.














More From 96.1 The Eagle