Where to Find the Freshest Strawberries in Central New York
When it comes to Strawberry Shortcake, let's go straight for the controversy. Do you prefer the cake or biscuit version of the shortcake? 'Tis berry season and here's where you can find the freshest, even u-pick 'em locations around CNY.
In most cases, strawberries will be ready by mid-June and blueberries beginning in July. Follow the links for specific dates and times for each farm.
- Candella's Farms located at 9256 River Road in Marcy. U-pick berry hours vary by day - (315) 736 - 8782
- Juliano's Farm Fresh Produce located at 2365 State Route 5, Utica - (315) 735-9385
- Paris Hill Farm Market located at 3295 State Route 12, Clinton, NY. Open 9-6 Monday thru Saturday - (315) 737-7949
- Tasselberry Farm located at Stop 7 Road, Westmoreland - Call for hours (315) 829-2529
- Tripples Countryside Produce located at 2987 State Route 5, Schuyler. Open 9-6 Saturday and Sunday - (315) 894-0143
- Brick House Acres - 10628 Roberts Road, Frankfort, NY 13340 Open Monday - Saturday: 9am-6pm (Closed Sunday)
- MAWS Farm 7342 Main St Newport Open 9-6 Monday thru Saturday, 10-6 Sunday Call (315) 985-0088
- Abbott Farms U-Pick Berries located at 3275 Cold Springs Road, Baldwinsville. Their U-Pick hours are from 9-6 Monday thru Saturday and 11-5 Sunday - (315) 638-7783
- Burdock's Berries located at 2208 State Route 174, Marietta. Open dawn to dusk 7 days a week - (315) 673-1981
- Hafner's U-Pick located three miles west of Baldwinsville at 1801 W. Genesee St.(Route 370). Open Monday thru Thursday 8 - 7, Friday and Sunday 8 - 6, closed Saturday - Call to check field conditions, (315) 638-4033
- Hencle's Berry Patch located at 7470 Perry Road, Baldwinsville. Open Monday thru Thursday 8 - 8, Friday, 8-5 Saturday and Sunday - (315) 638-0767
- Clear Path for Veterans U Pick Strawberry Field located at 1223 Salt Springs Road, Chittenango. U-pick fields are open Monday thru Friday 9-5, Saturday 9 - 3 and 9-2 Sunday - (315) 687 -3300
Do you know of some places to grab fresh berries? Share them below and we'll add them to our list.