Here’s Where to Find the Freshest Berries in Central New York
There are a couple of sure things when mid-June rolls around in Central New York. Our weather is still undecided if it's full blown summer or the latter stages of winter. The second thing is much more exciting, berry season is here. Whether you pick 'em or buy 'em already picked, here's where to find the freshest strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in CNY.
Some farms are reporting strawberry season is a little behind because of the cool and wet start to spring. It's always a good idea to call ahead especially for u-pick berries early in the season when the crop isn't at it's peak. In most cases, strawberries will be ready by mid-June with blueberries and raspberries beginning in July. Follow the links for specific dates and times for each farm.
- Candella's Farms located at 9256 River Road in Marcy. Fresh strawberries are available now, u-pick will start 3rd week of June. Blueberries and raspberries will start in July. U-pick berry hours vary by day - (315) 736 - 8782
- Juliano's Farm Fresh Produce located at 2365 State Route 5, Utica. They are currently offering u-pick strawberries but days and hours vary - (315) 735-9385
- Savicki's Farm Market located at 3295 State Route 12, Clinton, NY. Open 10-5 Monday thru Saturday, quantities may be limted - (315) 737-7949
- Tasselberry Farm located at Stop 7 Road, Westmoreland - Open Monday thru Friday 8 to 7, Saturday 7 to 5, and Sunday 9 to 2. (315) 829-2529
- Swistak Farm 6644 Greenway New London Rd in Verona Opening June 16, hours 8 to 6 weather permitting. 315-336-1251
- Tripples Countryside Produce located at 2987 State Route 5, Schuyler. Open 9-6 Saturday and Sunday - (315) 894-0143
- Brick House Acres - 10628 Roberts Road, Frankfort. Open for blueberries and Raspberries in July and Blackberries in August. Hours Monday - Saturday: 9 to 6 (Closed Sunday)
- MAWS Farm 7342 Main St Newport Open 9-6 Monday thru Saturday, 10-6 Sunday Call (315) 985-0088
- AnnDel Farms 547 State Route 29, Middleville blueberries and currents. Call before you go 315-891-3613
Cornell Cooperative Extension in Herkimer County offers a local food map of farm stands and farmer markets
- Abbott Farms U-Pick Berries located at 3275 Cold Springs Road, Baldwinsville. Their U-Pick hours are from 9-6 Monday thru Saturday and 11-5 Sunday - (315) 638-7783
- AnnDel Farms located three miles west of Baldwinsville at 1801 W. Genesee St.(Route 370). Open Monday thru Thursday 8 - 7, Friday and Sunday 8 - 6, closed Saturday - Call to check field conditions, (315) 638-4033
Most markets will be following Covid-19 guidelines so be prepared to wear a mask. Do you know of some places to grab fresh berries? Share them below and we'll add them to our list.