The Scariest Characters For Kids…And Adults
Remember the villains from TV shows or movies that just made your skin crawl as a kid? These are the ones that kids are afraid of these days.
When you're a kid, it's easy to let your imagination get the best of you. Heck, I'm not even going to lie. I used to be scared to death of the bad guy from the movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." I used to have nightmares of him coming and taking me from my parents.
I'm glad to see I'm not alone though. That creepy dude made a list in 2019 too. He's that creepy.
1. The Daleks from "Doctor Who"
2. Darth Vader from "Star Wars"
3. Voldemort from "Harry Potter"
4. The Wicked Witch of the West from "The Wizard of Oz"
5. The Child Catcher from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"
6. The Queen / Witch from "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves"
7. The White Witch from "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"
8. The Abominable Snowman from "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"
9. Jaws from "Jaws"
10. The Devil from "Fantasia"
But let's not be naive. Adults still get afraid too. The same survey asked adults who got under their skin. They said:
1. Jigsaw from "Saw"
2. David Kessler from "An American Werewolf in London"
3. Norman Bates from "Psycho"
4. John Ryder from "The Hitcher"
5. Freddy Krueger from "A Nightmare on Elm Street"
6. Cujo from "Cujo"
7. Count Dracula from "Dracula"
8. Alien from "Alien"
9. Jason Voorhees from "Friday the 13th"
10. Leatherface from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"