Snow, Sleet and Freezing Rain Will Make A Very Slippery Commute in CNY
The National Weather Service (NWS) out of Binghamton is calling for a wintery mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain later today and tonight.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST
Northern Oneida-Madison-Southern Oneida-Chenango-Otsego-Broome-Delaware-Including the cities of Boonville, Hamilton, Oneida, Rome, Utica, Norwich, Oneonta, Binghamton, Delhi, and Walton
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches and ice accumulations of up to one-tenth of an inch expected. Highest snow amounts will be across the southern Tug Hill Plateau.
* WHERE...Oneida, Otsego, Chenango, Broome, Delaware, and Madison counties.
* WHEN...Snow moves in between 1 and 3 PM this afternoon. Snow will change to sleet and freezing rain this evening after 8 PM then continue into the overnight before changing to rain after 5 AM Thursday morning.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute
- Snow is expected to develop midday today in Northeast PA, which will then spread northward across Central NY this afternoon through evening.
- Snow will become a wintry mix of sleet and freezing rain from south to north this evening; becoming spotty late tonight.
- Slippery roads are possible from both the snow and ice.
- Temperatures will get above freezing by around or before dawn Thursday.
- Sunday into Monday with more wintry mix and strong winds.
NWS says the next low-pressure system will impact the region later Saturday through Sunday into Monday with more wintry mix and strong winds.