See A Grammy Winning Band At Levitt AMP Utica, Monday, Aug. 5
Here's the FREE Levitt AMP Utica concert lineup for Monday, Aug 5th. This week's jaw-dropping entertainment features Grammy-winning band!! Pack a picnic, bring a lawn chair and join us for this (free) family-friendly event!
The Levitt AMP Utica Summer Concert Series starts at 6 pm this Monday, in Kopernik Park, located at 317 Genessee Street (the stage is in DeSales parking lot) in Utica. You'll be wowed this week with the following top-notch acts.
The players of D’FUNK’D joined forces in January 2016 to create a modern party band, rooted in the tradition of funk and horn bands. Their nine members are classically trained, professional musicians who blend their styles to create a unique fusion of pop, funk, r&b, soul and dance music.
Intermission Act: Joah McCoy
Joah is a multi-talented young man from Morrisville who will grace us with his powerful voice! We can wait to hear his song from Disney's Aladdin!
Headliner: Rebirth Brass Band
Whether seen on HBO’s Treme or at their legendary Tuesday night gig at The Maple Leaf, Grammy-winning Rebirth Brass Band is a true New Orleans institution.
Formed in 1983 by the Frazier brothers, along with other classmates and marching band members from their high school, the band has evolved from playing the streets of the French Quarter for tips and traveling to gigs as teenagers to playing festivals and stages all over the world. Rebirth has roots –several of the current and former members of Rebirth Brass Band are related by blood or marriage.
Rebirth Brass Band is known for combining traditional New Orleans brass band music, including the New Orleans tradition of second line, with funk, jazz, soul and hip hop.
In 2012, Rebirth won the Grammy Award for Best Regional Roots Music Album, the inaugural year of the Grammy category.
Features of all concerts:
• no alcohol
• no smoking at the park (people need to do so 25 feet away)
• bring your own chairs or blankets
• Weekly sponsor is Empire Recycling
• “Friends of Levitt AMP” sponsor for the night is Adirondack Bank
• Utica Teacher’s Association will be on-site with a book giveaway
• Utica Children’s Museum will be on-site with giant checkers, Connect 4 and Jenga
• Artist Richelle Maki of STEAMworks Ability Lab will be running the Kids Art Circle with a Mardi Gras/New Orleans-themed activity
• The Levitt AMP Utica team will be giving out Mardi Gras beads (while supplies last)
• Fun for kids including chalk, jump ropes, hula hoops, bubbles and more
• Food trucks
Rain Date location will be at the Dorothy Smith Center for Advocacy at RCIL at 1607 Genesee Street - Tune into Cindy McMullen at 96.1 The Eagle, the official radio station of Levitt AMP Utica, for the Levitt AMP Monday Minute at 2:20 as she'll pass along any last-minute details for the show.