Help Your CNY Neighbor During 1st BIG Winter Storm Of 2019
With the first BIG storm of the year, take a moment to "check-in" on your elderly neighbors and family members.
This act of kindness can go a long way to helping any community so don't be shy, commit an act of neighborly kindness this weekend. Here are a few ideas:
- Check in with neighbors and make sure they have enough food, water, batteries, candles and prescription medicine to make it through the weekend or longer.
- Offer to stop over if you lose power.
- Lend a helping hand in the snow removal.
- Take the time to visit to help ease the tension during a stressful time.
- If they have a pet, maybe you could take it out for them.
Even if you don't know your neighbor, odds are they would welcome your friendly "check-in" and support. You might even be inclined to offer up your phone number telling them that you're available if needed.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the Eagle App You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.