CNY Under Wind Advisory With Gusts Over 50 MPH
Hold on to your hats today! The National Weather Service out of Binghamton (NWS) has issued a Wind Advisory for CNY.
Northern Oneida-Madison-Southern Oneida-Chenango-Otsego-Including the cities of Boonville, Hamilton, Oneida, Rome, and Utica will experience powerful gusty winds today and well into the evening. The strongest winds will be over the higher terrain from Oneida county south through the upper Susquehanna Region.
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO MIDNIGHT
* WHAT...West winds 20 to 30 mph with some gusts up to 50 mph expected. The strongest winds will be at higher elevations.
* WHERE...Madison, Oneida, Chenango, Otsego, Delaware and Sullivan Counties in New York.
* WHEN...From 2 PM this afternoon to midnight tonight.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR NORTHERN HERKIMER COUNTY FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM EDT FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 6
inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE...Northern Herkimer and Hamilton Counties.
* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 6 PM EDT Friday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact travel.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The combination of wind and snow will reduce visibilities.
Today: Rain, high 48. Gusty winds around 40 mph.
Tonight: Rain and snow showers low 33. Gusty winds over 33 mph.
Tomorrow: Snow showers in the morning changing to a mix of rain and snow, high 41. Gusty winds over 40 mph.
Tomorrow Night: Rain and snow showers low 31. Gusty winds over 30 mph.
Saturday: Rain and snow showers in the morning. Partly sunny in the afternoon high 43.
Easter Sunday: Partly sunny high 56.