5 Tried And True Hangover Cures
No! Not another pounding headache on New Year's Day! Here are some tried and true remedies if you were over-served.
Researchers from the British Royal Society of Chemistry say eating bread and honey together is the best cure for a hangover. The potassium and sodium convert the acetaldehyde into less toxic chemicals which will ease nausea and that throbbing headache.
- Contrary to popular belief 'The Hair Of The Dog' just prolongs the inevitable hangover. You'll fare better with a Virgin Mary than a Bloody Mary.
- There's no evidence but some swear by a huge greasy breakfast. Eggs, home fries with gravy, sausage, bacon, pancakes and a big glass of chocolate milk.
- Alka Seltzer has been around for 85 years and is still a mainstay for hangover relief. The baking soda will supposedly help ease tummy trouble.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Some say dehydration is what makes you sick, even though there's no scientific evidence, hydrating does seem to help.
- Do you have a hangover or is it caffeine withdrawal? Have some coffee with aspirin if you think your belly can handle it.
What's your favorite hangover cure?