4-Second Workouts (Yes, :04) You Can Do Right Here in CNY
Let's face it: we're doing a lot of sitting around during this pandemic. But, there IS some good news.
A medical journal called "Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise" discovered that you might be able to enjoy health benefits by working out for just FOUR SECONDS at a time. That's right, :04. Researchers made people peddle a stationary bike as hard as they could for four seconds, followed by a 45-second break, and repeated that five times, for eight hours of the day. Total time: 2 minutes and 40 seconds of actual exercise.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
The health of participants improved within just 24 hours. Triglyceride levels in the blood were 30% lower. With these results in mind, here are some 4-second exercises you can do right here in the Mohawk Valley:
- Sprint from Utica Roasters to Peepers
- Run up the flight of stairs at Munson-Williams
- Dash around one-third of the Oneida Square roundabout
- Cycle from Delmonico's to Tavolo
- Bunny-hop around one of the statues on the Parkway
- Eat one half-moon cookie at Holland Farms while doing four jumping jacks
MORE: See absolutely chilling photos of empty public spaces worldwide