Volunteers Needed for Moonlight Trail Night at Delta Lake State Park
Volunteers are needed for the 6th Annual Moonlight Trail Night at Delta Lake State Park.
If you or someone you know would like to be a part of this fantastic event, please fill out the link below. And don't forget to send it to your friends and family too! Certain tasks need to be completed before, during, and after the event, including:
- setting up the luminaries on the trail
- parking lot attendants
- information booth attendants
- food/beverage helpers
Please click on the Google Form for Volunteers and sign up!
Positively Rome and Relay For Life of Rome will hold the 6th Annual Moonlight Trail Night at Delta Lake State Park on February 22 from 6 pm to 9 pm. The event is free; however, a donation of $5 is requested for all attendees nine years of age or older. A portion of event proceeds will benefit Rome’s Relay for Life in their efforts to research and cure cancer.
Enjoy these fun events:
- New this year is a horse and sleigh ride, which will be free and held on a first-come-first-serve basis. There will be a limited number of rides available based on weather conditions and other health factors for the horse
- groomed trails for walking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
- lantern-lit trails (about 1 mile)
- shorter family walk (about 1/2 mile)
- food trucks, coffee, bake sale
- beverages including water, soda, coffee, and hot chocolate
- fire pit to keep warm
All attendees are asked to dress appropriately for variable weather conditions. Snowshoes are not required but are available for check-out from Jervis Library.