The Season Finale For Levitt AMP Utica Is Monday, August 26TH
The 2019 Levitt AMP Utica Summer Concert Series is coming to a close this Monday, August 26th with a special Latin Night.
Levitt AMP Utica has been a free, ten-week concert series on Monday evenings in Kopernik Park. Featuring live music, art, performances, food trucks, and a lively atmosphere, the concerts are events where everyone is welcome to enjoy a reinvigorated space, quality entertainment and building community together in a family-friendly, alcohol-free environment.
Opener: Grupo Pagan
Opening the concert at 6pm is Grupo Pagan, a high energy Latin American band from Syracuse, NY.
Intermission Act: Ritmo Caribeño
A youth cultural dance group of the Mohawk Valley Latino Association
Headliner: La Misa Negra
La Misa Negra is a 7-piece band known to deliver an electrifying performance that explodes with infectious dance grooves and punk rock energy, powered by horn and accordion-driven riffs, a fierce rhythm section, and a vintage-inspired sound. You’re going to hear wide influences with them from traditional Latin to some surprising genres – cumbia, tambora, mambo, salsa, Cuban, hip-hop, Latin jazz, and even little heavy metal… all meshing to form sound band members describes as “hella bailable,” or hella danceable. They will close out our series with their electric energy!
- Weekly sponsor is New York Sash and CNY Open House
- MVP Health Care (series sponsor will be on-site)
- Friends of Utica sponsor is First Source Federal Credit Union
- Ritmo Caribeño and Levitt AMP coordinators will be leading an audience-wide group dance on Eagle Street during La Misa Negra’s song “Acosadora” – anyone who would like to participate can watch the video to learn the dance on the Levitt AMP Utica Music Series Facebook page or meet the dance group during intermission after their performance to learn the steps.
- Utica Children’s Museum will be on-site with giant checkers, Connect 4 and Jenga
- Amy Creedon, a graduate of Munson-Williams, will be running the Kids Art Circle with crown making
- Utica Teacher’s Association will be on-site with free books
- Food trucks
- Artwork for sale from Pieces of HeART program
Features of all concerts:
- no alcohol
- no smoking at the park (people need to do so 25 feet away)
- your own chairs or blankets
Tune into Cindy McMullen at 96.1 The Eagle, the official radio station of Levitt AMP Utica, for the Levitt AMP Monday Minute at 2:20 as she'll pass along any last-minute details for the show.
Rain Date location will be Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute