The Best Places To Park For Saranac Thursdays
You can't park and walk across the street to Saranac Thursdays as the Court Street parking lot to everything except the Boilermaker.
Development at the Globe Mills complex has closed the Court Street parking lot. Sure we'll miss those 200 parking spots on Thursday nights but here's how to get around it. Don't drive! Walk or take an Uber. But if you MUST drive, check out these spots.
- Park on the street.
- Park at the old Nice ‘N’ Easy at 501 Court St. and walk across down to Varick Street.
- There's a parking lot behind Compassion Coalition on Columbia Street.
- The Court Street side of the Brodock Press parking lot where spots line up with the road is public parking says the OD.
- On Thursdays, there are 45 parking spots available at F.X. Matt Brewing Co in their shipping and receiving lot.
- Although not free, Mayor Palmieri suggests parking at one of the parking garages and then take an Uber.
Mayor Robert Palmieri tells the Observer-Dispatch:
“With all the activity and the new North-South Arterial, there’s ample parking that has been assembled, but it’s different...So it’s going to take people a little more understanding to realize that they’re not going to walk across the street like they’re used to. It’s changing, ...anytime you have change, it’s going to take people a little bit more to be in that comfort zone. ... This is a walking community at this point. We’re going to find people walking in the downtown area to Varick Street to Bagg’s Square once the weather is conducive to that. You could always park a vehicle at one of our parking garages and then take an Uber to wherever you want to go. It’s a good change, but it is a change that people have to get used to.”
Saranac Thursdays at the FX Matt Brewery is one of the best parts of summer in Central New York! Here's what you need to know.
- Gates will open at 5:30 with live music from 6:00 until 9:00.
- Must be 21 or over
- Admission is $5 and includes one beverage.
- A portion of the proceeds will benefit the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area.