Talented Jared Is Looking For A Home In Utica/Rome
UPDATE: Jared has found his pack!
Jared is a year old and very friendly. He came to the Herkimer County Humane Society (HCHS) from a high kill shelter, but he obviously was loved as he can do a few tricks like high five and hang ten.
Jared weighs about 90 lbs, he's good on a leash, loves to go for walks, and loves people. He was introduced to cats, and HCHS said there was little interest, so he would probably be fine with them. He is good with submissive female dogs, and they think he's potty trained as he's very clean in his kennel.
Herkimer County Humane Society Hours:
Adoption Policies At The Herkimer County Humane Society:
- Puppies and Kittens under 4 months of age will not be adopted into homes with children under 5 years old.
- Due to multiple past returns, dogs will not be adopted if you or anyone in your household expects a child.
- Adopted cats must leave the HCHS in a carrier.
- There is a mandatory waiting period of at least 24 hours (not including weekends or holidays) for reference checks.
- Adoptions are not “first-come, first-serve.” It's based on the best fit for the animal.
- You must provide proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination(s) on currently owned pets before final approval.
The Herkimer County Humane Society, founded in 1913, is a non-profit, 501c3 charitable organization dedicated to providing shelter and safe haven for stray dogs and cats until their forever homes are found. For more information, please contact the Herkimer County Humane Society at (315) 866-3255.
Pablo is still looking for a home. He has been at a shelter for over 1,000 days. That's his entire life!
Pablo is on the smaller side, probably around 45 lbs. He is extremely friendly and loves people. He is good on a leash, although he enjoys chasing squirrels and chipmunks or anything he sees while out on walks. He gets excited because he never had the chance to leave the concrete kennel where he was before Herkimer County Humane Society. He is starved for attention and does whatever he can to get someone to notice him. Herkimer County Humane Society says:
What Pablo really needs in order to reach his potential, is someone who can expose him to the life he missed growing up locked in a kennel and teach him how a good dog needs to behave. He needs patience and socialization. For the time being, he needs a home without cats or young kids.
If Pablo sounds like the kind of guy you could help, meet him. He would really love to meet you!! The Herkimer County Humane Society is located at 514 State Route 5S Mohawk, New York. (315) 866-3255. He has been altered and is up to date on his shots.
OH NO WE DIDN'T: 12 Photos That Prove That Alpacas Are Cuter Than Llamas