Did you grow up watching Erin Moran as Joanie Cunningham? Such sad news as we learn her struggle with cancer. Anyone remember meeting or seeing her at the Syracuse Nationals?

In 2011, the 12th annual Syracuse National Car Show at the NYS Fairgrounds was billed as a 'Happy Days Reunion' featuring Henry Winkler "Fonzie," Marion Ross "Mrs. C." Erin Moran "Joanie" and Cindy Williams "Shirley. The four stars were signing autographs in the Americraft Center of Progress Building during the three-day event.

Since her death, there's been speculation about drugs, alcohol even suicide but it turns out she died from stage 4 cancer called squamous cell carcinoma. This sad event just proves celebrity or not, everyone has problems and ultimately wants the same thing. To be loved, successful and a place to call home. RIP.

"A Mother's Day Salute To TV Moms" - Arrivals
David Livingston/Getty Images

Here is an open letter from Erin Moran's Husband on Scott Baio's facebook page.

Open letter from Steve. (Erin Moran's Husband).

Erin and I met 4/22/1992 and parted ways 4/22/2017. We were planning to go to
Thunder Over Louisville to celebrate.
She was feeling fine on our anniversary
11-23-2016. Maybe four or five days after we got back Erin woke up and had about a dime size blood stain on her pillowcase. She said
I think i bit my tongue. A couple days go by and
there's a bigger spot of blood. We get like 4 days into December, there's more blood. I get a flashlight and say let me look.
It was not her tongue it was her tonsil on the left side. I thought it was tonsillitis.
So we went to an ENT who said they wanted to biopsy it. It came back squamous cell carcinoma. She started radiation and chemo. Five days a week radiation and chemo only on Thursdays. We did that the whole time. It got so bad so fast. By the
middle of February, Erin could no longer speak
or eat or drink. She had a feeding tube implant and i feed her 6 to 8 times a day. She was still happy, she was active, she texted people on her phone all day. On the 21st she was having trouble
breathing. She woke up on the 22nd, she was not 100%.
She needed Kleenex, so i went to the store and came
back. She was there watching T.V in bed. I
laid down next to her held her right hand in my
left. I feel asleep woke up about a hour later
still holding her hand and she was gone, she was
just gone.. Norton Cancer Institute never said how bad it was.. The coroner told me it was really really bad. It had spread to her spleen, she had alot of fluid in her lungs and part of her brain was
infected. The coroner said even if she was in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics she still would not of made it. He said it was the best that she was with me and went in her sleep.
So that's it.
PLEASE feel free to send the above to Any and ALL
news outlets The press has been relentless. they knock on the door constantly. Thank you Harrison County Sheriff's I Called last night and they came out ran them off got up this morning
they were all back sheriffs ran them all off again. the last time two cop cars ran off the last ones right before it got dark. we will see what tomorrow brings....
PEACE my friends.

Bonus Video:

[Information from HotRod.Com and Watertown Daily Times]

More From 96.1 The Eagle