New York’s Number One Candy Is…Gross
Candy Store has released their 2018 interactive map for the top Halloween candy state by state, and it has me wanting to move!
$2.6 Billion will be spent on candy for trick-or-treaters, and I might as well tell you right now, I'm not buying NY's favorite candy. The McMullen house will have chocolate, lots of chocolate, all kinds of chocolate.
I don't even need to buy Halloween candy because we are so far out in the country that we don't get any trick or treaters, but of course I need to have candy on hand just in case. HAHA.
Candy Store uses 11 years of data to make their map of 2018's Most Popular Halloween Candy in America by state. Here are the top 3 favorite candies in NYS:
- Sour Patch Kids with 203,705 lbs sold
- Candy Corn with 100,484 lbs sold
- Hot Tamales with 49,326 lbs sold
I've never even eated a Hot Tamale candy have you? I don't understand how of any of that candy made the list. Is it inexpensive candy? I literally don't know because I wouldn't buy any of it. Where are the Snickers? Kit Kat's? Reese's? Sometimes we feel like a nut and need an Almond Joy right? That is candy for crying out loud!
Halloween Candy Quick Facts according to CandyStore.com:
179 million Americans celebrate Halloween
- Nearly 1/4 of all Halloween purchases are made online
- Among those who celebrate Halloween, 95% will purchase candy
- They will spend about $27 on average
- In Oregon, full-sized candy bars are the norm for trick-or-treaters to receive
- Over 50% of parents stash some Halloween candy to enjoy later in the year