Levitt AMP Concert Lineup For Monday, July 15
Here's the FREE Levitt AMP Utica concert lineup for Monday, July 15th. Pack a picnic, bring a lawn chair and join us for this (free) family-friendly event!
The Levitt AMP Utica Summer Concert Series starts at 6 pm this Monday, in Kopernik Park, located at 317 Genessee Street (the stage is in DeSales parking lot) in Utica. You'll be wowed this week with the following top-notch acts.
Opener: The POORtIM Band
The POORtIM Band features Justin Smithson from Showtime and Shawn “Big Sexy” Smith who has appeared on The Voice.
Intermission: Shane Bucci
Bucci has received his associate's degree in music from Onondaga Community College, and double major from SUNY Fredonia in Guitar Performance and Music Education. Shane will pursue his masters degree in Guitar Performance after completing his student teaching this fall.
Bucci has studied extensively with Dr. Kenneth Meyer at OCC and SUNY Distinguished Professor James Piorkowski at Fredonia and has participated in several masterclasses with world-renowned classical guitarists and composers such as Johannes Moller, Luis Zea, Leo Brouwer, and more. He's excited to be a part of Levitt AMP in Utica.
Headliner: Adam Ezra Group from Boston
We are very proud to welcome the community-minded roots/rock band Adam Ezra Group to the line-up. The group’s live performances are passionate affairs that have been compared to those of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and Dave Matthews Band.
Receiving New England Music Awards for "Band of the Year" and "Album of the Year," they are a tireless touring outfit, constantly on the road and slated to do 200 or so shows in 2019. Ezra and his band are activists and community leaders as much as they are musicians and songwriters.
Ezra, a Colgate University alum, has spent time living out of a van, farming in Canada, volunteering for the relief effort in Kosovo, and practicing environmental geography in South Africa.
Adam Ezra Group has toured with Rusted Root, Jason Mraz, The Goo Goo Dolls, Blues Traveler, Los Lobos, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Gin Blossoms, and many more.
We believe that Adam Ezra Group’s mission melds perfectly with that of Levitt AMP and are looking forward to welcoming them this summer.
Features of all concerts:
• no alcohol
• no smoking at the park (people need to do so 25 feet away)
• family -friendly
• bring your chairs or blankets
• Weekly sponsor, ICAN (formerly Kids Oneida) will be on site with a special “I CAN Wall” where kids can share what they’re great at doing and the Kids Art Circle will feature ICAN staff with a family-centric coloring activity.
• Our Friends of Levitt sponsor that will be addressing the crowd as well is Celeste Friend Designs, who is a second-year sponsor of the series and the Executive Director for Colorscape Chenango Arts Festival
• Utica Children’s Museum will be on site with giant checkers, Connect 4 and Jenga
• Fun for kids include chalk, jump ropes, hula hoops, bubbles and more
• Food trucks
Rain Date location: Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute’s auditorium.
Tune into Cindy McMullen at 96.1 The Eagle, the official radio station of Levitt AMP Utica, for the Levitt AMP Monday Minute at 2:20 as she'll pass along any last minute details for the show.