It’s Love Your Pet Day In CNY
Most of us don't need prompting to love our pets, but we will use any excuse to spoil them even more!
February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day. A day to give extra attention to our pets by pampering. bonding maybe even try a new activity with them.
Most households in the USA have a pet. While dogs and cats are the most popular, we can't rule out birds, reptiles, fish or rats (like the one I saw being used as an Emotional Support Animal riding around on a man's shoulder in Kohles, New Hartford).
- Dog 40%
- Cat 25%
- Fish 8%
- Bird 4%
- Hamster/gerbil/mouse 2%
#1 My pet gives me unconditional love (22%)
#2 My pet helps comfort me when I'm sad (17%)
#3 My pet makes me look forward to going home (13%)
#4 My pet helps me become a more loving person (10%)
#5 My pet teaches me to be more patient (10%)
12% of Americans let their pets sleep in bed with them.
10% of Americans talk to their pet in a special voice.
10% of Americans consider their pet to be their best friend.
9% of Americans let their pet eat table scraps.
4% of Americans says they probably post too many photos of their pet on social media.
Whoever your pet companion is, we are sure you will enjoy spending a little extra time with them on National Love Your Pet Day and reap the benefits, as well, such as stress relief and lower blood pressure. [National Day Calendar]
Today is also an excellent time to:
- Check that their vaccines are up to date.
- Watch a pet video with them full of cats, dogs, and other critters.
- Give them a few extra strokes with the brush while grooming.
- Practice their favorite commands – sit, shake, rollover.
- Play their favorite game or bring out their best toy.
- Inspect their toys to make sure they're in good shape. Throw out any broken toys.
- Wash their bedding, even if it's not their laundry day.
- Show them something new.
Enjoy your pets today and every day!