HELP! Abandoned Dog Devi Must Find A Home And FAST
UPDATE: Devi was adopted!
Here she is with her new family! We love it!
Devi and her new brother. Isn't she beautiful! And, Devi with her new Mommy!
This beautiful girl was abandoned at a truck stop, and as you can see, she is not doing well at the shelter. She is very depressed and underweight.
Devi is a 3-year-old American Staffy mix. She was reportedly left at a truck stop in Kentucky with another dog who might have been her sister.
The Herkimer County Humane Society (HCHS) says Devi is charming, really friendly, good with cats, and other lower energy dogs. She is quite submissive and a little shy, but absolutely loves affection and is happiest in your lap. She is housebroken, crate trained, and enjoys car rides.
Can you help find Devi a home? She is around 2 years old, is very skinny with sensitive paws.
UPDATE: Devi was so depressed at the shelter that she recently moved to a foster home. Meet this lovebug and help her be happy and safe again. The Herkimer County Humane Society is located at 514 State Route 5S Mohawk, New York. (315) 866-3255. She has been altered and is up to date on her shots.
Herkimer County Humane Society Hours:
Adoption Policies At The Herkimer County Humane Society:
- Puppies and Kittens under 4 months of age will not be adopted into homes with children under 5 years old.
- Due to multiple past returns, dogs will not be adopted if you or anyone in your household expects a child.
- Adopted cats must leave the HCHS in a carrier.
- There is a mandatory waiting period of at least 24 hours (not including weekends or holidays) for reference checks.
- Adoptions are not “first-come, first-serve.” It's based on the best fit for the animal.
- You must provide proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination(s) on currently owned pets before final approval.
The Herkimer County Humane Society, founded in 1913, is a non-profit, 501c3 charitable organization dedicated to providing shelter and safe haven for stray dogs and cats until their forever homes are found. For more information, please contact the Herkimer County Humane Society at (315) 866-3255.