Get Prepared For Possible Power Outage In Central New York
We're expecting some nasty weather which will cause hazardous driving conditions, heavy snow, and possible power outages. Get prepared now.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Strom Warning from 1 pm Monday through Tuesday afternoon. A winter storm warning is issued when seven or more inches of snow or sleet is expected in the next 24 hours, or 1/2 inch or more of accretion of freezing rain is expected. A warning is used for winter weather conditions posing a threat to life and property.
We're expecting a heavy snow with gusty winds over 40 mph. That could lead to many power outages in CNY. Here are a few things you can do to prepare for that possibility. Better to be safe than sorry.
Before Power Outage
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don't need to cook.
- Download the 96.1 The Eagle Mobile App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notification for breaking news.