Fish for Free in New York State on Veterans Day, 2017
Fish for free in New York State this Veteran's Day, November 11.
Whether you're a resident or non-resident of the Empire State you can fish without a fishing license on this day only.
It's just one of a bunch of "Free Fishing Days" scheduled by the NYS DEC. The last free fishing day was on September 23, 2017.
During the free fishing day event, anyone can fish the fresh waters of the state. Now, although fishing licenses aren't required, all other freshwater fishing rules must be followed.
Other free fishing days in the coming months include, February 17-18, 2018 and June 23-24, 2018.
The New York State DEC has some ideas for free fishing days.
- Never gone fishing before? Try it for the first time
- Haven't been fishing in some time? Remember how it felt to catch your first fish again.
- Take a friend or family member along for the first time. Teach them the sport of fishing.
- Have a friend outside NYS? Invite them to fish with you.
- Make it a family fishing event. Bring the family along.
Be sure and take advantage of this free outdoor sport this Veteran's Day !