Central New York Stores ‘Closed’ On Thanksgiving
Since online shopping is taking a bigger piece of the pie, many stores are throwing in the towel and not bothering to open on Thanksgiving Day.
More than 100 well-known retailers will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 22, 2018. Here's the official list compiled by BestBlackFriday.com.
- A.C. Moore
- Ace Hardware
- American Girl
- At Home
- AT&T (Company-Owned Stores)
- Barnes & Noble
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Christopher & Banks
- Crate and Barrel
- Dressbarn (a majority of stores)
- Harbor Freight Tools
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- JOANN Stores
- Nordstrom Rack
- Pep Boys
- Pier 1 Imports
- Raymour & Flanigan Furniture | Mattresses
- Sam’s Club
- Sprint (Retail Stores Closed Unless Mall Dictates Otherwise; Mall Kiosks May Open)
- Stein Mart
- TJ Maxx
- Tractor Supply Co.
BestBlackFriday.com has completed their 2018 holiday shopping survey regarding the American public’s opinion on stores that remain open on Thanksgiving Day.
– Strongly Favor Thanksgiving Day Openings: 11.16 percent
– Favor Thanksgiving Day Openings: 13.51 percent
– Indifferent to Thanksgiving Day Openings: 27.67 percent
– Dislike Thanksgiving Day Openings: 18.67 percent
– Strongly Dislike Thanksgiving Day Openings: 28.99 percent
We surveyed 1,069 Americans on September 30, 2018. The margin of error is ±3.1%. In other words, only 24.67 percent of Americans actually favor Thanksgiving openings, while 47.66 percent dislike Thanksgiving openings. [BestBlackFriday.com]