If you're gearing up to get in the woods, this is definitely worth taking a look at. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that there was a deer carrying tuberculosis that was able to transmit it to people. There was a 77-year-old guy was a regular hunter who got the disease from a deer

The report states the man, who had been a hunter for 20 years, was exposed to Mycobacterium bovis – a bacteria found in deer, cattle, bison and elk – which can spread to humans and cause tuberculosis.

 

Doctors believe the bacteria was inhaled during the removal of diseased portions of the deer when field-dressing deer carcasses.

The bacteria that causes the disease experts say was inhaled while the deer was being gutted.