Cazenovia Native ‘Beezie Madden’ Competes This Sunday In Rio
52-year-old Beezie Madden, from Cazenovia, is the oldest female athlete on Team USA. This is her fourth trip to the Olympics and has earned 2 Gold Medals for the USA. Madden and her show jumping partner, Cortes 'C', will compete in individual jumping and team jumping at on 9 AM on Sunday. Round 1 of the finals will be Tuesday, August 16th at 9 AM .
Did you know this about Beezie Madden?
- She was the first woman to pass the $1 million mark in earnings for show jumping.
- In 2004 she became the first woman and the first American rider to reach the top three in the Show Jumping world-ranking list.
- Madden is also the only four-time USEF Equestrian of the Year. In 2014,
- Madden became the first woman to win prestigious King George Gold Cup at Hickstead with Cortes’C’.
- Beezie also became the first woman and one of only a few riders to achieve back to back victories in the King George V Cup when she repeated the victory with Cortes C in 2015.
- In April of 2013, Madden won the FEI World Cup Finals Champion in Gothenburg, Sweden aboard Abigail Wexner’s horse Simon.
- Madden is only the 5th woman ever to win the FEI World Cup Finals. Subsequently, in 2013 Simon was named the 2013 USEF International Horse of the Year.
- Madden is an Individual Olympic Bronze Medalist and a member of the two gold medal U.S. teams from the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games were she rode Authentic.
- In 2006, she won both team and individual silver medals at the World Equestrian Games aboard the nearly flawless Authentic.
- In 2014 Madden returned to the World Equestrian Games with Cortes’C’, winning a team bronze and individual bronze. Cortes’C’ was also voted Best Horse of the Games.
- Madden was a member of the gold medal-winning 2003 (aboard Conquest II) and 2011 (aboard Coral Reef Via Volo) Pan American Games Teams and an individual silver medalist with Coral Reef Via Volo at the 2011 Pan American Games.
- Beezie has 17 wins in Nations Cup competition and 8 World Cup Qualifier wins.
- In 2005, she won the $200,000 Budweiser American Invitational in Tampa aboard Authentic and repeated the feat in 2007 (Authentic) and again in 2014 (Coral Reef Via Volo).
- Other notable finishes include the Million Dollar CN International at Spruce Meadows in Canada aboard Judgement ISF in 2005.
- She is a three-time winner of the prestigious Spruce Meadows Atco Power Queen Elizabeth II Cup, winning twice on Authentic and again in 2012 on Simon.
- Madden currently is the 2nd on the all-time prize money winnings standings at the world renowned Spruce Meadows.
- In July of 2007, Madden added winning the world renowned Grand Prix of Aachen to her list of notable achievements aboard Authentic.