These Baby Red Panda Pictures Will Make You Melt
We have 8 of the most adorable pictures you'll see all day, maybe even all week!
The Red Panda cubs are growing fast. Soon we'll see them inside their exhibit at the Utica Zoo.
Wondering why they aren’t on exhibit? Red panda cubs, like many baby animals, are not very stable on their feet. Unlike hoof stock animals who generally are up and moving within the first hour of life, Red Pandas need lots of time, encouragement, and coaching from mom on how to safely navigate their habitat. As tree-dwelling animals, they also need to develop the strength to climb tree limbs and walk safely across limbs. Once Ming-Yue brings them into the exhibit space, we will have a better idea of their abilities and will be able to decide when they can regularly be on exhibit. But until then, enjoy these adorable little faces! [Utica Zoo]
You can support the endangered Red Pandas by becoming a member, and you'll also enjoy the following perks:
- Free, unlimited admission to the Utica Zoo for one full year.
- Free or discounted admission to zoos, nature centers and aquariums across the
- country. 2019 Utica Zoo Reciprocal List
- 10% off in the Utica Zoo Gift Shop.
- Member-day discounts and specials
- Discounts on education classes, zoo camps, and birthday parties.
- Access to exclusive member-only programs.
- Invitation to our annual member appreciation evening in May.
- Discounted or free tickets to select Utica Zoo events.
- The knowledge that you are helping to further the Utica Zoo’s mission.
- As an accredited member of The Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the Utica Zoo reciprocates with other AZA Accredited zoos and aquariums across the USA and Canada.
Senior OR Military discount of $5 off memberships available at the Utica Zoo Gift Shop with ID. Get more details here.