Steady Rain And Minor Flooding Possible in CNY This Weekend
Light mixed rain and snow will transition into a steady rain over the weekend.
The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook for Northern Oneida, Madison, Southern Oneida, Chenango, Otsego, Delaware and Sullivan counties.
Steadier rain arrives later Saturday and continues into Saturday night ahead of a strong storm over the Midwest. It will be mild on Sunday with just some scattered showers around. Colder weather and snow showers return early next week.
This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central New York.
.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.
A period of light snow, possibly mixed with light rain today.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday.
A period of steady rain will develop later Saturday into Saturday night. The rain could start as a mix of snow and sleet Saturday evening.
Warming temperatures and additional rainfall combined with melting snow could lead to some minor poor drainage flooding issues over the weekend. Significant rises are expected on area rivers and streams, but flooding is not expected on the main stem rivers at this time.
Extended Forecast From NWS:
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the 961theeagle.com App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.