Road Closures On Boilermaker Sunday
The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT), Utica Regional Office, has issued the following traveler advisory for motorists in the City of Utica, Oneida County:
On Sunday, July 14, 2019, from 6:00 AM until 12:00 PM, the following state highway sections and ramps will be closed to traffic due to the Boilermaker Road Race.
- Route 5 S ramps east and west to Culver Ave.
- Route 5,8,12 ramps north and south to Burrstone Road.
- Burrstone Road: Between Champlin Ave and Genesee Street.
- Champlin Ave: Between Oriskany Street and Burrstone Road.
For additional local road closures, please visit www.boilermaker.com
WKTV reports additional road closures:
Finish Area Road Closures 2:00 AM on the morning of Sunday, July 14th:
• Court Street from Schuyler Street to Fay Street
• Varick Street (entire road)
• Columbia Street from Varick Street to Schuyler Street
• Whitesboro Street from Lafayette Street to Schuyler Street
• Lafayette Street west of Varick Street
SHUTTLE SERVICE as per WKTV
5K Shuttle Service:
Runners can park at Con-Med on Chenango Road at French Road in Utica and then ride the shuttle to the 5K start. 6:00 am to 6:45 am
15K Shuttle Service:
Birnie Bus pick-ups are located:
1. Near the finish line at the corner of Court and State Streets.
2. Near the rear of the Post Race Party area on Whitesboro Street.
Please note that buses begin running at 5:30 AM and stop running to the starting line at 7:00 AM. Please arrive early.
Those going to the Post Race Party are encouraged to park on public roadways east of State Street.