New York State Police Issue Reminder on “The Way” To Drive
Every once in a while, the New York State Police take to their Facebook page to post reminders about different things. Mainly, they remind New Yorkers the effective ways to drive.
Monday morning, they issued yet again a reminder on how to drive. This time around, they included a very important aspect in modern day pop culture and made the post from it's perspective.
Baby Yoda, aka Grogu, from the popular Star Wars series "The Mandalorian" on Disney+ was sitting inside the cop car reminding drivers the ways of the road.
The child reminds you to follow the rules of the road.Move over, follow the speed limit and put down the electronic device while driving.This is the way.Have a safe Monday.
The post left many New Yorkers with a smile on their face, some even left some pretty funny comments.
Nick - "Now just imagine getting pulled over and seeing that starring back at you as you wait for the trooper to get out."
Derek - "Why isn’t The Child safely secured in a child’s seat in the back seat of the patrol car? I’m going to need to see your license, registration, and proof of insurance..."
When you’re behind the wheel of a car – whether alone or with passengers – driving safely should always be your top concern. We’re more distracted than ever, so it’s crucial to know the basics of safe driving and practice them every time you’re on the road. Here are some safe driving tips from our friends at Nationwide:
- Focus on driving.
- Keep 100% of your attention on driving at all times – no multi-tasking.
- Don’t use your phone or any other electronic device while driving.
- Slow down. Speeding gives you less time to react and increases the severity of an accident.
- Drive “defensively”
- Be aware of what other drivers around you are doing, and expect the unexpected.
- Assume other motorists will do something crazy, and always be prepared to avoid.
Check out these 50 fascinating facts about dogs: