It’s Illegal To Do This With YOUR Snow In CNY This Winter
It's time to get that snow out of your driveway and off your sidewalk, but if you do this, you're risking a ticket.
Don't find yourself paying a fine for not knowing what to do with your snow while shoveling or plowing! It's against the law to push it into the road or city sidewalks. Take a look at the ordinance in the City of Utica.
[Code 1964, § 14-9; Ord. No. 264 of 1989, 4-19-1989]
No person shall cast, shovel, dump, plow, push or in any other way cause to be placed any snow upon the streets and sidewalks in the city. The provisions of this section shall not be construed to prohibit any person from removing snow from the sidewalks in front of his premises if such snow is not placed in the roadway.
The same verbiage above is used in most communities like Rome and Syracuse. A good rule of thumb is to keep your snow on your property!
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the 961theeagle.com App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.