Tips To Add Value To Your Home Before You Sell
So you thought I'll sell my home before the snow flies. How did that work out? It hasn't snowed yet but it is getting close.
Here in the Northeast, one of the best times to sell your home is in the Spring. With that thought in mind, here are a few tips from Keith Vincelette at Coldwell Banker to add value to your home prior to you listing your home this coming Spring.
- Curb Appeal - clean up around the outside of your home and make it as inviting as possible so buyers will want to come in.
- Cleaning - make your home as neutral as possible. You may not notice but a buyer will see those dust bunnies.
- Declutter - you live with the clutter in your home and don't mind. Buyers will see the clutter and not really see your home. You want to show your home, not the family, so limit your personal items
- Light - Turn all the lights on in the house and open curtains. Buyers want lights on in the home.
- Delayed - this is maintenance that you've been meaning to do but haven't. Fix that leaky facet and all the little things you have put on the back burner and forgot about.
- Staging - move and arrange your furniture to maximize space.
The goal is to get several offers on your home. All of these tips will help result in an offer and cost a little of your time to do.