Monkees Belong In Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
I still find it hard to believe that Davy Jones of The Monkees is no longer with us. I find it harder to believe that The Monkees are still not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! You have got to be kidding! One of the bands that defined the musical genre during its beginning aren't honored in the Hall? Something is wrong! Now that Davy Jones has passed away maybe the powers that be will rethink their stance on The Monkees and finally put them in a place of honor where they deserve to be. Here is just a small portion of why The Monkees should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
- The Monkees had FOUR (4) #1 albums in ONE year with their first two albums dominating the #1 position on the album chart for 31 weeks.
- In 1967 The Monkees sold more records than the Beatles and the Rolling Stones - COMBINED.
- The Monkees are #27 on the Top Artists of the Rock Era. They were ranked higher than The Eagles, Madonna, Pink Floyd, Neil Diamond, and Bruce Springsteen.
- Micky Dolenz pioneered the use of the Moog Synthesizer, of which he owned one of the first three ever sold.
- Michael Nesmith, without question or argument, invented MTV. - PETITION FOR THE MONKEES ENTRY INTO ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME