2015 Dolgeville Violet Festival June 12-14
This weekend is the 17th Annual Dolgeville Festival. It's a year round effort by the residents of Dolgeville to preserve the historical aspects of the Village of Dolgeville. The Festival draws more than 75 vendors, 80 organizations that participate in the parade, and over 10,000 people to the Village during the three-day event.
This year The Violet Festival starts early with a Sock Hop Plowe Park (for the young and the young at heart) Thursday, June 11, from 6-8pm.
Some of the 2015 highlights:
- Village Wide Garage Sales
- Ice Cream Social
- Pancake Breakfast Buffet at Dolgeville Firehouse
- First Bite Fishing
- The Great Chapters of Alfred Dolge
- Easy Money Big Band at Plowe Park Stage
- Horse Drawn Trolley Rides by Parson's Carriage, pickup behind stage. FREE
- Chicken BBQ at Fireman's Pavilion
- "Run for the Violets - 5K Run/Walk and 1K Kids "Run for Fun"
- Art Exhibit by Deborah A. Kaufman at Masonic Temple
- Poetry contest
- Smiley the Clown in the Park
- Duck Derby Race
Here is the complete schedule for 17th Annual Dolgeville Violet Festival