Katelyn Armstrong of Whitesboro was enjoying her drive to work this week when she noticed that something wasn't right. An unexpected object landed on her in her car while she was on Commercial Drive and started smelling smoke.
By a very close margin, the Common Council in the City of Utica voted to ban smoking at public playgrounds and other public youth events. The vote was five to four in favor of the ban, which raises a few questions.
There is no question that E-Cigarettes are a safer alternative to regular cigarettes, but can they still be dangerous? It's not a question of the actual liquids inside the device, but the device itself. There are some reports, not many, that claim these electronic cigarettes have caught fire or have blown up. One such case occurred on Tuesday night at St. Luke's Hospital in New Hartford.
Every year since 1976, the third Thursday in November marks the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout, a day when smokers are encouraged to quit for the day and make a plan to quit for good.