Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2020~ What’s Open and Closed
MLK Day is a federal holiday remembering the life and accomplishments of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., who was assassinated on April 4, 1968.
Here's a quick overview of what's open and closed in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Public schools and government offices, including libraries and the Department of Motor Vehicles is closed.
- No city court except for arraignments.
- The New York Stock Exchange is closed as well as banks.
- Post offices are closed, but FedEx and UPS are both open for regular pickup and delivery.
- Buses will run on a regular weekday schedule.
So what can you do today? Catch a movie, go to the mall or a restaurant.