Gas Stoves Causing Kids Asthma in New York State
New York State is really going to town in the 'banning' department. It seems like all of last year, we have heard about all of the things that are going to be banned in the near future in New York.
Gas appliances are on the list and it might be a good one after you take a look at this study. A recent study found asthma cases in up to 650,000 children could have been caused by using gas stoves in the house. Apparently, the gas stoves have been releasing harmful pollutants in the home. The U.S. Safety Agency
Natural gas stoves, which are used in about 40% of homes in the US, emit air pollutants such as nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide and fine particulate matter at levels the EPA and World Health Organization have said are unsafe and linked to respiratory illness", according to TIME Magazine.
New York State made an announcement last year that by 2035, they will phase out most gas-powered cars. How would New York State do this? New York would ban people from selling internal combustion engine cars and trucks.