The 9/11 Museum, once slated to open today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks, has been delayed due to disagreements between the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the National 9/11 Museum and Memorial Foundation.

But, late Monday New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said the budgetary dispute has been resolved. Bloomberg added work will resume soon 'and will not stop until the museum is completed.'

An opening date is now '2013 or later,' according to financial documents filed in July by the National 9/11 Memorial and Museum Foundation, rather than the September 11th, 2012 date cited by Port Authority officials last year.

Despite the delays, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey executive director Patrick J. Foye says construction on museum and the new WTC buildings in moving forward.

Sources: The Courier-Post, CNN