Winter Weather Advisory Issued for Southern Oneida County
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 6 PM eastern time Saturday. This advisory is effective for Southern Oneida County.
National Weather Service States:
The dangerously cold wind chills will cause frostbite in as little as 10 minutes to exposed skin. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph will cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
The National Weather Service is recommending the following precautionary-preparedness actions:
A Wind Chill Warning means the combination of very cold air and the wind will create dangerously low wind chill values. Frost bite can occur quickly and even hypothermia or death if precautions are not taken.
A Winter Weather Advisory for lake effect snow means lake effect snow is forecast that will make travel difficult in some areas.
Use caution when traveling. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Keep Up To Date
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.