Spring is near right? We made the switch to Daylight Savings Time and Bonomo's in Kirkland opened are just a couple of the things that indicates it's true. Apparently Mother Nature isn't paying attention. The National Weather Service has a Winter Storm Watch click for the details.
Snow is forecast to develop overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning. There could even be a period of sleet and freezing rain as temperatures transition near the freezing mark. Here's the details as predicted now.
* LOCATIONS...ALL OF CENTRAL NEW YORK.
* HAZARDS...HEAVY SNOW MAY MAKE TRAVEL EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS.
BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL DEVELOP WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO
THURSDAY WITH WIND CHILLS NEAR TO BELOW ZERO.
* ACCUMULATIONS...7 INCHES OR MORE POSSIBLE.
* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP EARLY ON WEDNESDAY. THE SNOW MAY MIX
WITH OR CHANGE TO SLEET BRIEFLY OVER SOUTH CENTRAL NEW YORK...
THEN ALL SNOW IS EXPECTED LATE WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
* TEMPERATURES...30 TO 35 WEDNESDAY FALLING INTO THE TEENS
* WINDS...NORTH 5 TO 15 MPH WEDNESDAY BECOMING NORTHWEST AND
INCREASING TO 10 TO 20 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND
* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL.
A WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT BECAUSE HEAVY SNOW IS A
POSSIBILITY...BUT NOT A CERTAINTY. AT THIS TIME...THERE IS THE
POTENTIAL FOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 7 INCHES OR MORE. TRAVEL
CONDITIONS COULD BECOME HAZARDOUS...SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO MONITOR
THE LATEST FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL
Get the latest weather updates here