Why Should We Hire You? – The Ten Dumbest Job Interview Answers
In a poll of hiring managers, AccounTemps.com asked, "What is the wackiest or most unusual pitch you've heard from a job seeker about why he or she should get the job?" Here are the top ten from job hunters:
- "...told me to hire him because he was allergic to unemployment."
- "... said that we should hire him because he would make a great addition to our softball team."
- "...said he should get the job because he had already applied three times and he felt that it was now his turn to be hired."
- "...said we had nice benefits, which was good because he was going to have to take a lot of leave in the coming year."
- "... drafted a press release announcing that we had hired him."
- "... explained that he had no relevant experience for the job he was interviewing for, but his friend did."
- "... delivered his entire cover letter in the form of a rap song."
- "...told me she wanted the position because she wanted to get away from working with people."
- "...brought his mother to the interview and let her do all the talking."
- "...when our company moved to Texas, gave us his resume in a ten-gallon hat." If by chance you may be interviewing for a job my suggestion is not to give any of these answers.Especially if you really want the job.