Why Is New York State 3rd In The Nation For People Moving Away?
We like when our state ranks well on a poll or chart, but being the 3rd most moved away from state isn't exactly bragging rights, especially if we've been in the Top Three since 2010. Only Illinois and New Jersey do worse than us, but why are people moving?
According to CNYCentral.com, here are the stats:
- 46 percent of people left for job-related reasons
- 29 percent of people left for retirement reasons
- 19 percent of people left for family reasons
- 18 percent of people left for lifestyle reasons
- 5 percent of people left for health reasons
You might think that it's millennials splitting for the hills, but it's actually the boomers mostly, most of which are making over $150K. Looks as if we need better jobs and working conditions in our state in order to turn this negative trend around...