The Easiest Way to Peel Kiwifruit [VIDEO]
Kiwifruit is delicious. However, kiwifruit can be pretty difficult to peel, right? Well, today is your lucky day because I have found a video showing such an easy way to peel these things. I was pretty amazed by it. On a side note, some of you may be thinking, “Why is he calling it a kiwifruit?” I did a little bit of research and “kiwifruit” is a pretty common spelling. Also, if you just say “kiwi,” it could be the kiwi bird in New Zealand or the fruit. Anyway, in addition to finding a very easy way to peel kiwifruit, I found some pretty cool facts about the fruit.
Here are some pretty interesting facts about kiwifruit from Wikipedia.com:
- The fuzzy kiwifruit is native to southern China.
- Around 1962 it was proposed that the fruit be named after the kiwi, New Zealand’s national symbol, as the bird and the fruit share a similar appearance[.]
- “Kiwifruit” was used as a global brand for marketing the fuzzy kiwifruit, but was not registered internationally as a trademark. Kiwifruit has since become a common name for all commercially grown fruit from the family Actinidia.
- If stored appropriately, ripe kiwifruit normally keep for about one to two weeks.
- Kiwifruit is a rich source of vitamin C, 1.5 times the DRI scale in the U.S. per 100 grams.
- Over 70% of kiwi production is in Italy, New Zealand, and Chile. Italy produces roughly 10% more kiwifruit than New Zealand, and Chile produces 40% less.
Pretty interesting stuff, right?
Now, here is the video showing the easiest way (at least the easiest way I have found) to peel a kiwifruit.