Some Fun Facts About Movies
Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone. It has just come to my attention, after almost 30 years, that Huey Lewis is actually the guy in the movie ‘Back to the Future’ that informs Marty McFly that his band is “Just too darn loud”. It’s ironic that Marty is using the song Power of Love from Huey Lewis and the News. Here are some more fun facts about movies.
- Humphrey Bogart never said “Play it again Sam” in the movie Casablanca. Not sure why that is quoted all of the time.
- In the 1939 movie “Gone With the Wind”, 1400 Actresses auditioned for the role of Scarlet O’Hara.
- King Kong was Adolf Hitler’s favorite movie.
- In the 1960 move “Psycho”, chocolate syrup was used for blood in the shower scene. (It was a black and white movie, so who could tell?)
- In the movie Pulp Fiction, all of the clocks are stuck at 4:20 possibly a reference to a certain activity that typically takes place at 4:20. I’ll leave it at that.
- For the 1977 film “Star Wars”, Jodie Foster was the second choice to play Leia. Imagine that.
- In the move “Toy Story”, the carpet designs in Sid’s hallway , are the same as those in the movie “The Shining”.
- The movie “The Breakfast Club” was supposed to have a sequel every 10 years, but didn’t happen because John Hughes and Judd Nelson did not get along.
- The movie “Beverly Hills Cop” made up a technology called “satellite tracking system”. Today you know it as GPS.