Signs You’re Getting Too Much Caffeine
Most of us need caffeine to start and get through the day. Some of us need more than others. Some caffeine is normal, but, like anything else, too much isn’t good.
Here are five signs from Yahoo Shine you’ve had too much caffeine:
- You feel like you need to nap in the afternoon. If you’re reaching for a soda or another cup of coffee in the afternoon you may be addicted to caffeine. Caffeine will bring you up temporarily, but you’ll crash later.
- You have orange urine. If you drink 500 mg of caffeine or more, you may get dehydrated. When you’re dehydrated, your pee isn’t its normal color.
- You’re wide awake at night. Caffeine can stay in your body for a long time, so if it takes you a half hour or more to fall asleep, you may want to quit your caffeine consumption at around noon.
- Your anxiety is up. Caffeine can make you feel more anxious. If you notice you feel more on edge, it may be because you had too much caffeine.
- You’re feeling the burn. Caffeine can trigger acid reflux and give you heartburn.
How many cups of coffee do you drink on a daily basis?