Safety Tips On Firing Up A Propane Grill
Planning to grill for the 4th of July? While gas grills, portable fire pits, and patio heaters make outdoor spaces comfortable and fun places to gather it’s important that they are used properly. Here's a few tips from the New York Propane Gas Association on how to fire up your propane grill.
1) Never use matches or lighters to check for leaks. And never use starter fluid with propane grills.
2) Do not smoke while handling a propane cylinder, and keep all flammable materials away from the grill.
3) If the grill does not ignite within ten seconds, turn off the gas, keep the lid open and wait five minutes before trying again. If the igniter fails to light the grill after two or three tries, turn off the gas and replace the igniter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
4) Regularly check the tubes that lead into the burner for blockage from insects or food grease.
5) Never attempt to repair, clean or clear blockages on a hot grill.
You can find more tips and tricks here.