Poison Frontman Bret Michaels to Play Chevy Court
Bret Michaels has been added to the long list of concerts scheduled to play Chevy Court during this year’s Great New York State Fair. Michaels, who is best known as the frontman for the 80’s and 90’s band Poison will take the Chevy Court stage at 8pm on Wednesday, August 30th.
Not only is Bret a successful musician, he’s also a reality TV star appearing in three seasons of VH1’s “Rock of Love with Bret Michaels” and in 2010, he appeared in and won the third season of Celebrity Apprentice.
Bret Michaels and his band Poison had their greatest success in 1986 with the release of their debut album, “Look What the Cat Dragged In.” The album went as high as #3 on the Billboard 200 album chart and produced a string of hit singles, including their top 10 hits, “Talk Dirty to Me” and “Nothin’ But A Good Time”. In December, 1988 – the band went to #1 on the Hot 100 with their first and only #1 single, “Every Rose Has It’s Thorn.” He also has 5 solo albums, his most recent being 2013’s “Jammin’ with Friends”.
Here is a list of other free concerts at Chevy Court during this years NYS Fair:
- August 23 – 2pm: Robert Randolph & the Family Band
- August 23 – 8pm: 3 Doors Down
- August 24 – 2pm: The Family Stone
- August 24 – 8pm: Chevelle
- August 25 – 2pm: The Fabulous Thunderbirds
- August 25 – 7pm: The Beach Boys
- August 27 – 2pm: Post Malone
- August 27 – 8pm: Earth Wind and Fire
- August 28 – 2pm: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
- August 28 – 8pm: Kansas
- August 29 – 2pm: The Marshall Tucker Band
- August 29 – 8pm: Daya
- August 30 – 2pm: Taylor Dayne
- August 30 – 8pm: Bret Michaels
- August 31 – 8pm: LeAnn Rimes
- September 1 – 8pm: Blue Oyster Cult
- September 3 – 2pm: Spin Doctors
- September 3 – 8pm: Migos
- September 4 – 2pm: UB40
We’ll update this list if and when more shows are added.
Subscribe to 96.1 The Eagle on