NYS Woodsman Field Days In Boonville Celebrates 70 Years
This year is the 70th anniversary of the New York State Woodsman Field Days. Special festivities will be announced Memorial Day Weekend.
The sights, the sounds, the sawdust. Lumberjacks and Jill’s head to Boonville the third weekend in August rain or shine for the New York State Woodsman’s Field Days.
The 70th New York State Woodsman’s Field Days at the Boonville-Oneida County Fairgrounds is Aug 18 – Aug 20. The 2017 schedule will be announced July 4th weekend but here are some events that are held every year.
- Horse skidding exhibition
- Educational forestry seminars
- Beards contest
- Tug of war and greased pole competition
- Lumberjack contests
- Burling (log rolling in water)
- Chainsaw carving demonstration
- Jack and Jill crosscut
- Axe throwing
- Tree falling
- Naming of the 2016 NYS Open Champion Woodsman
- The Indian River Olde Time Lumberjack Show
Contestants come from Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to compete in the Lumberjack festivities. Many have been featured on ESPN and Wide World of Sports. You’ll also see displays of various forestry related equipment for the professional logger to the occasional firewood cutter.
Subscribe to 96.1 The Eagle on